International Students Information
The following requirements of International Students must be met before Airlink LLC can issue the I-20 for your M-1 student visa.
1. You must provide proof of English language test scores by one of the following:
- Minimum score of 80 on the Internet based test of English as a foreign language (IBTOEFL)
- Minimum score of 550 or higher on the test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL)
2. You must complete and sign the Airlink LLC Application for International Students.
3. The following documents must be included with the Application for International Students:
- Color copy of Passport
- Signed application
These documents me be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proof of financial ability. This must be a bank statement (translated to English) from your financial Institution (your name on bank account) or an Affidavit from a person if funds are deposited into their bank account for flight training desired and living expenses. The Affidavit must state that the person assumes financial responsibility for your flight training and living expenses in the USA. Living expenses are based on approximately $900.00 per month while you are in the United States.
4. Airlink LLC will then send you an acceptance letter via email. You will then be required to pay the Application fee of $400 which is payable by credit card, cashier’s check or PayPal. Click here to pay now.
5. We will then mail Form I-20 to you so you can make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy to obtain your M-1 visa. Once you receive Form I-20, you will log into SEVIS www.fmjfee.com and pay your I-901 fee which is currently $200. The payment needs to be completed before scheduling an appointment at the embassy. You will receive a receipt after successful payment on SEVIS’ website. The information you enter on Form I-901 must match exactly the information shown on Form I-20. Keep the receipt of payment of I-901 for your interview at the U.S. Embassy.
6. Next you may call the nearest U.S. Embassy to schedule and appointment for your M-1 visa. After scheduling the appointment you will bring the following documents to the interview:
- Bank Statement
- Form I-20
- Payment Receipt Form I-901
7. You will be notified whether the visa has been approved or disapproved. If all is in order, the U.S. Embassy will provide you with a M-1 Student Visa, permitting you to enter the USA for the duration of your flight training. Visa durations vary by country.